Back to top

COVID-19 Assistance

STIMULUS PAYMENTS

See IR-2020-61 for more details.

FEDERAL EMPLOYER CREDITS

Small and midsize employers (those with fewer than 500 employees) can be fully reimbursed, dollar-for-dollar, for the cost of providing Coronavirus-related leave to their employees.  This also extends to employees who must take leave when their children's schools are closed or child care providers are unavailable.  For more details, see IR - 2020-57

USDA PRODUCER ASSISTANCE

On April 17, the USDA  accounced the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program (CFAP).  The program will provide $16 billion in direct support based on actual losses for agricultural producers with additional adjustment and marketing costs resulting from lost demand and short-term oversupply for the 2020 marketing year caused by COVID-19.  In addition, $3 billion will be used to purchase agricultural commodities and distribute them to food banks and other agencies serving Americans in need.

The $16 billiion is to be allocated as follows:
$9.6 billion for the livestock industry
$3.9 billion for row crop producers
$2.1 billion for specialty crop producers (see definition)
$500 million for other crops

Signup will begin on May 26th with 80% of the calculated payment being made in early June and the remaining 20% at a later time.  There is a payment limitation of $250,000 per commodity with an overall limit of $250,000 per individual or entity.  

Payment rates by commodity and other limitations can be located here.

The Farm Service Agency also has addressed several FAQ.